Healthy meals…helping kids
Did you know that…
- Nearly 118,000 children in our area qualify to receive free or reduced-price meals at school?
- 1 in 5 children in NC are at risk of hunger?
- About 2,400 children were enrolled in Backpack Buddies at 80 sites during the 2017-2018 school year?
But what about weekends?
The Food Shuttle creates partnerships with some local schools and volunteers to deliver backpacks filled with nutritious, non-perishable food to selected children for weekends. NRUMC is one of these partners.
How can I help?
- Provide food for a child to take home each weekend from late August to the first of June; and/or
- Check backpacks once a week (one month commitment)
- Volunteer to fill backpacks or help with the delivery of the backpacks each week
How can I volunteer or get more information?
For more information and/or to volunteer, please email Pastor Ashley or call her at 919.847-1536, ext. 114.
Don't miss a thing!
Subscribe now to get news and event information about everything going on at North Raleigh UMC.