At NRUMC, we understand how children are the foundation of tomorrow’s church, even today’s church! There are a wide variety of children’s programs and activities to help them embrace the love of God and understand the teachings of the Bible and Wesleyan tenets of the Christian faith.
Summer Sunday School
From June 9 through August 18, we are following a revised Sunday School schedule.
- Nursery: This summer, all children who have not yet started Kindergarten should attend the nursery or worship with their families during the 9:45 hour. Nursery coverage during this hour is being extended to all Pre-K-age children for the summer, and Children’s Church will continue as normal during the 11:15 service.
- Elementary School: All elementary-age kids (2018-19 year) will join together in the Youth Center Main Room for a Sunday School hour of movies and games this summer.
- Youth: All youth 6th-12th grade will have Sunday School in Y1 this summer.
There are many opportunities for children and their families at NRUMC!
Nursery Care during 8:30 and 11:15 services is provided for infants and children through age three, and during the 9:45 service is provided for infants and toddlers not yet two years old by August 31, 2018.
Infants & toddlers (children not yet 2 as of August 31, 2019): Nursery care provided during all worship services
Preschool 2s & 3s: Nursery care available during the 8:30 & 11:15 Traditional worship services. During Souljourn and the 10:00 Traditional service, children in this age group are invited to attend Sunday School in Rooms E1 and E2 in the Education Building.
Please be sure to fill out the 2019/20 Kids & Youth Registration Form to register your child for Nursery care!
Children’s Sunday School
Offered during the 9:45 a.m. Sunday School hour for children ages 2 years-5th Grade. “E” classrooms are in the Education Building, and “Y” classrooms are located in the Youth Center.
- E1 – 2s
- E2 – 3s
- E3 – 4s/5s
- E4 – Kindergarten
- E5 – 1st Grade
- Y4 – 2nd Grade
- Y3 – 3rd & 4th Grade
- Y2 – 5th Grade
Offered at the 11:15 a.m. Traditional Worship Service. Children ages 3-grade 2 leave the Sanctuary with a leader after the Children’s Message and return to their parents during the final hymn. Children’s Church is not offered on Communion Sundays, normally the first Sunday of each month.
Other opportunities for children include:
- First Wednesday Fellowship Dinners that include a family mission component after dinner
- Annual ministries for the community including Trunk or Treat, Christmas, and Easter family events
- Vacation Bible School
For more information about ministries for children and their families, email Cassidy Plunkett or call her at 919-847-1536 x103.
For youth in grades three and above that are interested in serving as an Acolyte during the traditional worship. For more information, email Cassidy Plunkett or call her at 919.847.1536 x103. Click on the button below to sign up for a date and time.
It is our hope that all children feel welcomed and encouraged to learn about community in Christ among their peers during Sunday School (9:45-10:45 a.m.). Please consider serving as a buddy to a child with special needs, or who needs a little extra love some days. Serve weekly, monthly, or quarterly. For more information, email Cassidy Plunkett or call her at 919.847.1536 x103.
If you would like to serve as a Buddy, click on the Sign Up Genius button below:
If your child needs a Sunday Buddy, contact:
Don't miss a thing!
Subscribe now to get news and event information about everything going on at North Raleigh UMC.