This Sunday, September 29, the Generosity Team begins a month-long celebration of our year-round Generosity! I look forward to this time of year because it gives me pause to review and appreciate all our church, North Raleigh United Methodist Church, does for individuals, for families, for communities and beyond. The missions and ministries of this church enrich the lives of people they touch, and feed the minds, the souls, and the bodies of those that hunger. We offer a safe haven to come with our similarities and our differences, knowing that in Christ we are one.
This year we focus on our Keys to Living a Generous Life in Christ. Let us celebrate:
- PRAYER – as we pray for one another, as we pray for the presence of the Holy Spirit.
- PRESENCE – as we show up! We come to worship, we come to small groups, we come to pray, we come to be with our family in Christ.
- GIFTS – we celebrate the gifts we have received from the Holy Spirit! We seek to identify our spiritual gifts that we may use them to transform our world, no matter how big, no matter how small.
- SERVICE – we are thankful for the opportunities to serve! We can serve each other, we can serve the community. In each, we serve the body of Christ by giving of ourselves.
- WITNESS – we live to witness. Every moment of our lives is a witness and a testimony to God’s love for us, His Generosity to us, and our choice to follow Jesus.
Every Sunday of this month you will hear words and inspiration to help us focus on these keys of Generosity. Come, listen, grow, and be transformed.
On Sunday, October 27, we will celebrate our gifts. We call that day our Commitment Sunday where we will honor what we have received but also will offer our pledge to continue our work in making disciples of Christ! It is a time to look around, reflect on your life of Generosity, and rejoice that you are among the family of NRUMC!
It is my prayer that you will be faithfully challenged in the coming weeks, that you will see and rejoice in the missions and ministries of this church, and that you, too, will be excited about the possibilities of transformation!
With peace, love, and gratitude,
Generosity Committee Chair
As we are called to Live a Generous Life in Christ, and recognize that all we have is given by God, we offer our gifts to transform lives in our community, this state, and the world. Notice that there are two funds in which to pledge. The General Fund pays for all expenses of the church except for non-recurring maintenance & repairs and new & replacement equipment which are paid from the Building Fund.
This form will be sent confidentially to Ken Black, NRUMC Business Administrator.
Don't miss a thing!
Subscribe now to get news and event information about everything going on at North Raleigh UMC.