Try Out a New Group or Class This Fall!
Growing in the faith involves study, practice, serving, and above all else, God’s grace. If you’re looking to grow with God and in community, consider the following opportunities at NRUMC. For our Tuesday night studies, childcare will be provided. You may register using the button at the bottom. Questions? Email Ashley Will.
- Foundations: This brand new pastor-led study on Tuesday nights from 6:30-7:45 pm offers “foundations” of the Christian faith and practices. Whether you’re new to the faith or you just want a refresher, we invite you to try this class out. Each class is stand-alone. 9/10, 9/17, and 9/24, our pastors will teach on Scripture: What is it? How do we read it? What are the broad themes? 10/8, 10, 15, and 10/22, we’ll learn about prayer: How do I pray? Is there a right way? What exactly is prayer? Hope you’ll join us!
- Disciple I, II, and III, Fast Track: Tuesdays, 8/27-11/12, 6:30-7:45 p.m.
- Disciple I: We’ll cover a broad sweep of Scripture, devoting 12 weeks to the Old Testament in the fall and 12 weeks to the New Testament in the spring.
- Disciple II: “Into the Word, Into the World”: We’ll dig deep into Genesis and Exodus in the fall, and Luke and Acts in the spring. (Participating in Disciple I is recommended, but not required).
- Disciple III: “Remember Who You Are”: Facilitated by retired UMC minister Rev. Kay Johnson, join us as we explore the Old Testament prophets in the fall and the letters of Paul in the spring. (Participating in Disciple I and II is recommended, but not required).
- New Sunday School Class at 9:45am: “The Quad” is launching September 8 in Room E23 in the Education Building! This no-prep discussion based group is open to adults of all ages. We will explore relevant modern issues through the lens of the Wesleyan Quadrilateral: Scripture, Tradition, Reason, and Experience. Whether you are new to the Quadrilateral or have been using it for years, all are welcome. Email Jennifer Gedeon with any questions.
Be on the lookout for our Adult Discipleship Opportunities booklet at Starting Point Sunday, where you’ll see a detailed description of all our classes and studies including women’s and men’s groups, book studies, Sunday School classes, and our group for young adults. At Starting Point, you’ll also have a chance to browse the books and register for classes.
Don't miss a thing!
Subscribe now to get news and event information about everything going on at North Raleigh UMC.