Why Become a Member?
One of the main pillars of the United Methodist Church is connection through ministry. We believe that connection is what strengthens us to be the church in the world. Through church membership, you are connected to a local church family as well as a global church where everyone has pledged to serve God, care for one another, and share in ministry in the name of Jesus through our prayers, presence, gifts, service, and witness.
We would be honored to share our discipleship journey with you through NRUMC. If you would like to know more about membership, please reach out to one of our pastors or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will help get you started. If you are not already receiving our weekly “Snapshot” email, we also invite you to sign up by emailing the same email address above. Welcome!
As part of becoming a new member, you will have the opportunity to learn more about the history of the church, including Untited Methodism and North Raleigh United Methodist specifcially. Below you will find the first steps in learning more. At anytime, email Lisa at email@example.com and she can get you any information you may need or get you in touch with a pastor if you would like. Welcome to the membership journey, we are so glad you are here.
Steps of the Membership Process
New Member classes are held 3-4 times each year. Those completing the process below may join NRUMC by Profession of Faith, Reaffirmation of Faith, or Transfer of Church Letter.
1. After emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to indicate your interest in joining, you are invited to join the New Member “Kick-off” Class, led by a pastor. During the class, you’ll receive a packet of information and forms to submit. Information collected from you will be used to set up your church record and/or to contact your former church for transfer information.
- Middle School students who have not been Confirmed in the United Methodist Church may join NRUMC during Confirmation, which is held annually from September – April with the Youth Ministry program.
- High School students wishing to join NRUMC who have not been Confirmed in the United Methodist Church should attend the two classes with you, and arrange a meeting with a pastor.
- Infants may be baptized on the date their parents/guardians join.
2. View the videos below (about 2 hours of content).
3. Attend the New Member “Wrap-Up” Class, led by a pastor. The pastor will go over any questions you may have about the videos, and talk about the membership vows and process of joining. During this class, you will learn more about some of the leaders of the church. Click here to see the current directory of leaders and the committees they serve.
If you desire, you may join NRUMC with the group who attended the class with you. Or, you may join at a later date, generally the 3rd Sunday of most months.
The Member’s Dashboard is a great for members to stay connected. You will find directories and other resources. To help protect privacy, the Dashboard is password protected. If you are a member and need the password, just email us at email@example.com and we will happily get that to you. To log into the Dashboard, click here.
Join Pastor Duke & Pastor Alex as they discuss NRUMC’s vision, core values, and long term priorities!
In the second video of the series, Pastor Duke & Pastor Alex discuss John Wesley and the formation of Methodism.
For the third video of the series, Pastor Duke & Pastor Alex talk about United Methodist Polity.
Don't miss a thing!
Subscribe now to get news and event information about everything going on at North Raleigh UMC.